Monday, August 23, 2010

Comfort of the emotional flavor

Me and Matt were going out to a movie tonight (FYI, I highly recommend 'Inception'. GREAT), so I head to his place and when I took his hand, he noticed I had two fingers taped together. He asked, I shrugged, said my finger was being gimpy and we both left it at that, heading on our merry way.
A little while later in the car, he asked again. "Did you hurt it at work or something?" (my old folks abuse me)
So I told him I woke up with it a little out of place and it was just hurting because it was just floating around (my pinky fingers have a lot of play in them, not a whole lot of being anchored to the rest of my hand going on there).

And then he started asking questions about Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. What type the rheumatologist thought I had (she didn't specify, she's leaving that up to the geneticist), and what I thought (I think it's classical type, in my uneducated opinion) and he wanted to make sure I didn't think I had vascular type. He's been doing research. He talked to his dad (a biology professor and researcher for one of the top schools in the country) and he sent him a lot of information about it too. That's good. I'm glad he's getting more info about it. And we talked about genetics and inheritance. Because it's not something that's usually spontaneous. I probably got it from momma, and she's going to look into it. And with the research he's been doing, Matt really sees how much I fall into a "textbook" case of EDS. And how mom does as well.

I know this scares the hell out of him, but it means SO much to me that he's doing this. Researching and talking about it and taking an extra effort so that I'm not doing this by myself. I knew I wasn't, but it just feels like I can lean on him that much more now, without having to worry about breaking him. We're in this together, no matter what. And I love him for that. So much.

No comments:

Post a Comment