Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sleepy time, but first....

So that obnoxious pain in my chest that I've had for years and years and years that I could never figure out, that doctors could never figure out, that I was told I'm just going to have to live with because there was absolutely nothing wrong with me....? Well, I'm quite certain that pain is from subluxing/dislocating ribs. I was in bed when it happened a couple days ago, turned wrong and PAIN. Grabbed my chest (instinct, hand goes to what hurts) and wouldn't you know it, there's a huge bump in my chest next to my sternum. It's a rib. Sticking up. That wasn't sticking up before. After forcing myself to return to a naturally straight position (that's what I learned to do, even if I could never figure out what was wrong or why it hurt in the first place, I knew that staying contracted toward the pain wouldn't help for long), I stretched slowly, massaged and pressed on my chest a little, stretched and flexed a bit more, and eventually it went away (with some dull aching as an after effect, which is normal). So, there we have it. I'm pretty certain that's what's been going on. And I have every intention of bringing that up with the rheumatologist in a couple weeks when I see her (not that there's much she can do about it, but hell, maybe we can get creative).

I think the TED hose are doing something in the way of helping me. I skipped wearing them to work one day last week because I only have one pair and they needed washing (you have to hand wash them, and let them air dry, takes forever and they weren't dry by the time I had to go to work). Within 2 hours at work, my heart rate was ridiculously high and I felt horrible. I had to down close to 2 liters of water (with some salt for retention) in an hour to make my blood pressure come back up enough to make it chill.
And then halfway through the day, my legs were just achy. They're always achy, but this time it was the muscles aching, and in a way they hadn't in a while. It could have just been a coincidence that I was feeling bad that day. But I'm not willing to be testing that theory out all that much. I didn't wear the stockings, I felt like junk all day. Seems logical.
I still want a pair of tighter ones though. The thigh-highs that I have don't stay up while I'm at work. The force from walking all day and friction from my pants rubbing on them makes them scoot down to my knees. Which is worthless. I would rather have the thigh-highs, but not if they're not going to stay put. I ended up getting a pair of regular knee-highs out of the supply closet and switching them halfway through the day.

Tests for my tummy are in a week. Hopefully they can find something this time, or determine better what they can do to help me. Today was the first day of "prep". No meds for a week, to really build up all that nasty stomach acid. Ugh. Today wasn't too bad. Lots of hiccups and burps, and some mild pain later in the day. But I know it'll get worse the longer I go. The day before the test will be pretty bad. Not looking forward to that. But at least I know I don't have to work that day this time around. I have all three days off for the test.

So many tests and doctors and YUCK!! I hate being sick. I hate being a scheduling pain in the ass at work. I hate feeling like a disaster and like I need to explain myself. Today at work was not fun when I had to work around all my appointments that were scheduled. And there was nothing I could do because I'm not about to reschedule them and I don't really want to have to explain to everyone that I have EDS (and fibro) and what it is and that yes I can work but that yes I really am sick and need to be seeing all these doctors. Oy. What a mess.

But at any rate. I think I'm going to investigate the yummy smell coming from the kitchen (I don't think I'll eat, I just want to know what it is ;P ) and then lay down with my book. I'm tired, I could definitely turn in early tonight, but I would really like to carry on with this book!!! So good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment