Friday, September 10, 2010

Real quick before bed

It's closing in on getting late. I find it very hilarious that 10pm is late. But considering I didn't sleep much last night (never do), and gave up and got up at 4:30 this morning, I'm just about wiped. So we'll keep this short.

My compression (TED) stockings came early this morning. I ordered non-prescription ones online a couple days ago. I was hoping to try them out to see if the light pressure would help stabilize my joints enough that I could avoid braces/splints. On good days, I don't wear them anyway because they're so uncomfortable and cumbersome. But on bad days when I need them, I hate wearing them. So I'm wondering if this will be an alternative to the good days.
I've also been having trouble with my blood pressure/heart rate. I don't know if I'm starting to develop POTS secondary to EDS, but the last few weeks have been pretty ridiculous. And I've had bouts of severe tachycardia for the last year. A couple dozen unexplained episodes where I jump up to 130 or higher for no reason at all. I had a full cardiac workup in February and nothing was found. We chalked it up to medications/diet/stress. But I don't think that's what it was.
Now, I've been having daily spells of high resting heart rate (90-110) with no discernable cause. I've always had good heart rate in the past. My blood pressure has always been low though because of my size (5'3 and always under 120 lbs means low BP). Since I've been losing weight lately too, I think that might be contributing. But the tachycardia is very uncomfortable. It makes it hard to focus, makes me nauseated, makes me feel faint...all the fun things tachycardia should do.
Non-prescription compression stockings aren't very strong, but it's a start. I figure I'll try these for a couple weeks and see what happens. I may also ask my doc about a stronger pair to see if that helps any.
The good news is that they weren't as uncomfortable as I was expecting. And maybe they'll help prevent the couple of varicose veins that are forming on the backs of my legs. I'm too young to be getting those already.

---

Did lots of running around today. After much hassle, I got the doctor's note I needed for my new job. I went to my rheumatologists office and picked it up and hand delivered it to the HR department to make sure they got it. Because otherwise, I was looking at not starting for another 6-8 weeks. And that would suck considerably. So now I'm set. I have general orientation bright and early tomorrow morning. All day. Not the most ideal way to spend a Saturday. But hey, I'm used to not having my weekends anyway ;P

Got to see my guy for a little while tonight. It's hard not getting to see him as much now that school's started. But hopefully we'll get to spend more time together on weekends. He was very whiny when I had to leave though. Because it's Friday night, the night he actually gets to stay up later (even though he was falling asleep on the couch) and I had to leave because I had to start getting around for bed. It sucked. But it is what it is. As long as we're seeing each other at least once a week, we'll survive. Hopefully once I get a schedule and get into the swing of this new job, we can see each other a little more again. I miss him.
And I reminded him that once we're married, we'll be in the same house and we can see each other every day. Even if it's just to sit in the same room while we work :\ I still take this over the long distance crap any day.

Well, I need to hit the hay. Morning is coming whether I sleep or not. And I'd really like to sleep. Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment