Sunday, September 5, 2010

Accomplished night

Didn't get much done last night on my night off because my blood sugar kept going up (for me, 135 is too high...I start feeling symptomatic over 125). I felt sluggish and blah and mostly just lazed around while I snacked and poked my poor fingers. Watched a lot of Scrubs though, which is always fun :)

Tonight though....well, we made up for last night!! My blood sugar decided to turn the other direction, which is slightly easier to manage....even if my stomach doesn't like being that full all the time. So I sat and had a snack every time I was low. Between all the snacking, I did some cleaning! My room really needed some work. It's not that it was unliveable, but it was getting to be untidy to the point that it was bothering me a lot. So I cleaned every surface, ceiling to floor. I dusted, I organized, I cleaned out knick-knacks and boxes and shelves, sorted through paid bills/check stubs/doctor office slips/misc papers, vaccuumed, did laundry (I do laundry every 3-4 days because that's all the scrub bottoms I have :P but I'll get more for the new job and just do laundry once a week), washed my bedding, made my grocery list, ordered compression stockings online (we'll see if they help anything at all...I've got some spider veins, and I'm starting to get one or two varicose veins on the backs of my knees, and maybe it'll help hold small joints together without big bulky braces), compared prices for nutritional supplements online and found that it's still slightly cheaper to get it (Glucerna) at walmart, but I may also order a case of another kind (Enlive) for days that my tummy won't cooperate (it's fat free, supposed to be good for IBS and GI issues, but has a lot of sugar, which is not great on a regular basis for my blood sugar issues), made a grocery list, and am getting ready to do the dishes.
I'll do the dishes in a little bit, I felt like sitting for a while. And then head to the store around sunrise....I don't like being there when all the crazies are there in the dark.

Yes, most definitely an accomplished night. I kept missing Matt, but I really needed to get things done tonight, and since dad is never not home, I always have to keep it down when he's sleeping. This was my one opportunity (plus, I got to stay in my underwear all day :P ). This way, I got everything done all at once, and Monday, while I'm off for the holiday, we can go out and do something again :)
I definitely miss living on my own sometimes when it comes to things like this....have to worry about someone else being around when you're trying to get things done on your own time. But changing schedules will help a lot, then we'll be on the same time table.

But next time I move, it'll be different. Won't be living alone, but I'll be living with someone who I can stay up late with, or go to bed early with or do chores with or walk around in my jammies or underwear with or just do whatever with. It'll be more than worth it :)

Okay, time for dishes. Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment