Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Four floors in two days

Moving day yesterday split me between my home on 3E and my new temporary home on 1E. Then today I got floated. To 2E. And halfway through the shift, to 2W. That is a lot of learning curve in a very short amount of time. Nothing is in the same place on every floor (something I miss dearly about my old hospital....you could be on ANY floor and you would know exactly where to look for everything you needed because every floor looked/was laid out the same. It was awesome!

But today wasn't terrible. Could have been worse. I kept up for the most part. (and my team leader even called me later in the day to ask how I was doing and see if I needed anything from her...and she was on a different floor!) My fibro and EDS are having it out as to who can torture me the most. I was in 3 braces below the hips by mid-day. And my awesome knee brace is wearing out....I need a new one so bad. If it can hold out until I make my way into PT/OT, I'll be happy.

On the list of fails for today: I got two calls from my rheumatologists office. One to tell me that my joints were deteriorating some (mild osteoarthritis) but that I was within the 'don't panic' range - at least for the two areas we scanned extensively. Second call was to say my Vit D-25 was low again. I'm going to call tomorrow to get the exact number from them, but all the same, it's low, and sick folks need their D. And the kicker, when my doc put me on it last year, I took it for 3-4 months and got a recheck. My levels were normal again (low end of the spectrum, but still a passing grade) so she took me off of it. My question was if it's working and keeping me at a low-normal now where I couldn't do that on my own before, why would taking me off of it be beneficial....won't I just go low again? Yeah, that happened. So now I'm back on it. And I'm not going off of it again. It's a once a week vitamin and it's very little fuss (and cheap), so I'm keeping it this time and refusing to go off with this as my example.

Not much else. I'm glad to be home. I'm high because my dopey meds just affect me that much more when I'm already worn down. And I'm eating licorice like an adult ;)

I have a meeting with an advisor at school tomorrow to get my schedule straight for the fall. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment