Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Still counts

It's very late, and technically the date has changed, but I'm still up and haven't headed to bed yet, so this counts as my post for the day. (to be honest, I did almost forget ;P )

Chatted with Meg off and on today. Love talking to her. She's incredible and we have so much in common. I'm just starting to think that maybe I can make and keep some friends around here. Makes the decision to move here suck a little less.

Talked to Rory tonight and that was a blast. We exchanged youtube clips back and forth for nearly 3 hours (talked in between, but you know). I love talking to that girl. Such a sweetheart.

Trying something new with Bently. Anytime he is being a pest now, instead of repeatedly trying to make him lay down or go away or putting him outside, we've started putting him in time-out in his kennel. About 10 minutes in there and he's changed his mind, that he doesn't want to bark in your ear or paw at you until you bleed. I know he's a puppy and he just wants to play, but he needs to learn some manners. He's so smart but he has the WORST manners ever. Sheesh.

Didn't do a whole lot today. Bummed around. Watched tv, read, wrote. Lazy day. Took a shower and put on a skirt because I was feeling girly (I don't know where this has come from lately but I like it :P ). And put my knee brace back on because bumming around the house is still enough to piss it off...it's nowhere near healed yet.

By the time I was done being sucked into the internet it was getting late. And rather than make myself get up and workout in the morning (which I'm not as motivated to do), I did it tonight. 45 minutes, NikeTrainingCenter app on my phone. I have to modify a lot so that I don't end up with injuries, but it's still a good workout and feels great to actually BE working out. Because 12 hour shifts really don't do enough. It's a lot of walking and heavy lifting, but there's no organization to it. And then I just sit on my days off. So this is better. It gets a good workout in me a few times a week. It's refreshing.
And so weird. Because even though my ability to thermoregulate has minimized, I still do sweat some. But when I was on Topamax, I couldn't sweat. One of the rare-ish side effects is inhibiting sweat production (because of electrolyte imbalances caused by the drug). So I would overheat but never sweat it off. Now I sweat a little, and it's nothing compared to how I sweat when I was younger, but it is a good feeling. Feels healthier, and makes me feel like I accomplished something in the workout.

Okay, now that my body is coming down from the workout high, I'm tired. I need to hit the hay. More later! Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment