Friday, October 29, 2010

Very brief update, then bed

- the halter/event cardiac monitor showed nothing eventful. didn't figure it would. just showed some tachycardia. duh.

- still having the tachycardia, despite the beta blockers, still confirming my beliefs that it's not my heart. i have a doctor appointment on monday, i'm going to ask if i can come off the beta blockers. I don't want the drugs in my system if I don't think they're actually doing me any good.

- i have to switch all my doctors with my new insurance. every single one of them. i cried when i found out. i love my doctor. and continuity of care is important, especially with chronic illnesses. but, alas, i sucked it up and made a lot of phone calls today and got a lot of new doctors. I have a new GP with an appointment set up for a couple weeks from now (to establish myself as a new patient and to feel her out as a doc...because i've had a bad doc and i'm not doing that again). I also had to reschedule my genetics appointment. luckily they (only two in the entire system) had an appointment in december, so although it's still more waiting, I can survive a couple more weeks. I decided not to call a rheumatologist. I'll let my doc refer me to one (there is one in the same office, so I'm hoping since i'm currently a rheumatology patient and they're in the same office, she can get me in there easier than if I call myself, even though I don't need to go back until january).
next week I get to play the file collection game where I call up all my old docs and get all the records sent to all the new docs (actually, i think i'll just have them sent to the new GP and let her disperse them from there as needed so that i don't have to run all over town in HIPAA hell).

- i dislocated 4 of 5 toes in my sleep a few nights ago. not fun at all. i tend to dislocate my little toes (the pinky toes on the end) quite frequently, so those didn't really hurt all that bad, or ya know, at all (it actually scares me how little that hurts...i feel it, but it doesn't really cause pain anymore), but the ones in the middle were a might uncomfortable all bent back and stuck like that. not a great way to wake up.

- could somebody please tell me why my tinnitus has been driving me absolutely bat shit crazy lately?!?!?! I know it's there and i'm aware of it sometimes, but for the last couple weeks, it's been relentless. I can't be in a silent room at all. I've been falling asleep with the ipod on just for some peace (in case you don't know anybody with tinnitus, they generally have a hard time sleeping unless there's a tv or radio going just because the noise in their head will drive them insane before any kind of sleep happens! and that's how the last couple weeks have been for me!).

- i learned today that i have a prolapsed rectum. apparently it's been that way (or been working itself into that position) for a couple months, but i thought it was just rawness or discomfort from BMs and sensitive skin. when i finally had a look, i realized that in fact I had close to 2 cm of colon out of my body. wonderful. i'm going to start using baby wipes permanently (they were just an every now and then thing, but now they're going to be all the time) and ask the doc if some preparation H or barrier ointment might help the discomfort.
way to go EDS for screwing me up just a little bit more!

- work tomorrow. with any luck, it will be like yesterday was. yesterday kinda dragged until the afternoon. then i had to sit with a lady while she got a blood transfusion (watch for reaction and check vitals constantly....she did wonderfully, so mostly i was just checking vitals and had someone nice to talk to for 4 hours). if i could have another day like that (obviously not exactly the same, since we sent her to rehab, so my buddy is gone), that would be wonderful for a saturday. then sunday me and matt are doing halloween movies, bumming around on the couch all day, and spending the whole day in and enjoying the heck out of each other's company (he has to leave for 2 hours for raquetball practice with the boys...but that's not too bad). I'm greatly looking forward to that!!!!!

Off to bed for me! Good night!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment