Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pumpkins!!!!

Going to the pumpkin patch with my guy and a few of his friends from work today :) :) :) Gonna pick some punkins and get festive!! Can't wait!!!
I'm also taking along a recipe for cupcakes that I saw on Biggest Loser last week. They're Curtis Stone's 100 calorie cupcakes and they're beautiful! I don't need anything in the weight loss area (I need to gain a few), but my guy has a problem when it comes to eating. I think comes from two main problems. One, he used to be a boxer, so he used to eat like one. He stopped boxing about 18 months ago. But didn't give up the eating. Two, he broke his nose several times as a boxer. So he can't breathe. So he can't taste as much. So he inhales food before he even tastes it, therefore eating much more than he really wants (seriously, he'll put in several spoonfuls before he closes his mouth to chew...and I honestly think it's because it's the only way he can taste). So by the time he feels full, he's had way too much. He also tastes extremes because of his lack of taste, so he goes for sweets a lot.
I'm hoping this way, he'll have something tasty but still healthy to munch on when he feels like he needs something. I don't have a problem with him gaining weight as long as he remains healthy, but the fact that it bothers him so much bothers me. He doesn't like the way he looks but doesn't know when to stop. The lack of exercise and the current diet are what's doing him in. And I think he doesn't see that to the same extreme that I do (but with his current job, the exercise is unfortunately not something he can get much of....the diet can be changed though, which may help him, and I would love so much for him to feel better about the way he looks).
So we're going to give these cup cakes a try today. They look amazing! And no artificial junk in them either. No sweeteners or processed garbage. It's all natural and still low cal/low sugar and very healthy. My favorite (actually, these would be great for me too because I need the low sugar option).

--

So, went to the doctor Thursday to follow up from my ED visit Saturday. She still didn't have my labs from the ED (apparently they're really bad about getting records over in a timely manner...she said they're HIPAA crazy!). But given what I told her, she wasn't sure how much the labs were going to show anyway.
I asked her if she thought it could be EDS related, and she said it's possible, but not her area of expertise, so she wouldn't want to be the one making that call. She told me to go over it with my rheumatologist on Monday when I see her (had a routine follow up scheduled) and she would probably be able to make a better guess at it.
She did decide to keep me on the beta-blockers that the ED doc put me on, just in case they're actually doing more than we realize (and, they're starting to bring my HR down a little bit when I'm at rest, but not really doing anything when I'm up moving during the day, when I need the extra help....so, still thinking this isn't a heart thing, but a dysautonomia thing), but not to increase the dose because my BP runs low as it is; don't need another problem on my hands.
She also decided to send me home with an ambulatory telemetry monitor (Halter/event cardiac monitor). Maybe what's happening when I'm having episodes can be seen on an EKG. So I'll wear this for a few days and see what happens. Mostly it's just obnoxious because it beeps at me a lot and the sensor pads irritate my skin and it has to be charged at least once during the day. *shrug* Could be worse. At least I don't have to be at the hospital to do this. Because that used to be the only way to monitor the heart. Now I just get a kit, attach it all at home, and the info is sent via a special cell phone. Nifty.

Well, it's getting to be late in the morning, so I'm gonna finish getting around here and go see if my boy is awake yet (he'll sleep all day if I let him ;P ).

Pumpkins Pumpkins Pumpkins!!!! :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment