Saturday, July 31, 2010

Better days

I was exhausted last night, opted to sleep at night (mixes up my sleep habits for work, but I sleep better at night). Had to ditch my wedge pillow halfway through the night because it was making my neck/shoulder more uncomfortable.

But I seem to be doing a little better today. Still aching, but less nauseated (which helps SO much). And tylenol is actually helping the pain today.

Last night when Matt came over (he brought me risotto from a super yummy Italian place on the hill) he said he used to get something like this from boxing. Boxers and football players call it a 'stinger'. Basically just a pinched nerve. Which is why it wasn't going away like a kinked muscle. Though I still don't know how I did it in my sleep. I'm a wild sleeper though. Especially because I can't get comfortable on that wedge. I'll be so glad when I can be rid of that thing.

At any rate. The nausea is less (in general and when I move my head) and the shooting pain in my skull is less. Still a lot of aching in my shoulder and neck and jaw and ear, especially when I eat (chewing and swallowing and subsequent choking and coughing works a lot of still-irritated muscles).

Hopefully work tonight won't be too bad. I was planning on going to urgent care this afternoon and getting it looked at, but I think I'm doing well enough that I don't need to now, especially if it's not something they can do anything about. So I'll just keep taking tylenol and icing it at work tonight, and then I have tomorrow night off again to rest.

Plenty of yummy risotto and more Friends (and a nap later before work) will definitely make this day good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment