Monday, August 29, 2011

Wait for it, it'll most definitely happen

I am only taking one class this semester (the second had to be dropped because of wickedly poor timing around everything else, I'll do it next semester though :D ). And it happens to feel like the longest class ever, clocking in at a mere 1hr15min, twice a week.

The chairs sit just a little too high for me in the lecture hall. This means that I'm either sitting back with my feet on the floor, causing my hips to settle out of place, or I scoot forward so that my feet touch better, leaving my back unsupported (and also causing me to lean forward on my elbows on the table), or the chair is just so damn hard and ill-shaped that everything sucks.

I give it another week before I start bringing either a step stool, cushion, or both to make that hour more tolerable.

Plus side: I convinced the professor, who is very against computers in her classes (computers, cell phones, ereaders, everything should be turned off and put away) to let me keep my netbook. I can type much easier than I can hold a pen. My hands just fatigue too quickly to be holding a pen for over an hour like that, and come winter, it will be even worse. I don't have a disability form filed with the school (because I don't think I need one, I don't have anything listing me as disabled anywhere else because I can't afford to let it cost me my job, a job which I can still do), but she told me to write up a contract as to why I was requesting it and to promise to stay offline (I keep my w-lan disabled on that computer most of the time anyway, its sole purpose in life was to be a typing/notetaking machine). She accepted it. And I have my little red bite with me in class still. So far, things are looking great!

No comments:

Post a Comment