Monday, August 8, 2011

The cold wet nose on my leg...it keeps me alert

Got a puppy here, he's going to have cabin fever if we don't get rid of these clouds soon. He has to spend time outside otherwise he drives me bonkers. So sunshine, come on out.

Hydrogen breath test went well last week. The prep for it sucked. Even though my diet is pretty restricted, the prep is even more restricted. The only thing I ate all day was plain white rice with a little salt, saltine crackers, and water. That's it. I was feeling crummy by the end of the day. But the test went pretty well. I did my controls, then had to drink lactulose, which was mixed in a few oz of water (you know, it doesn't taste bad when it's diluted enough, and I was just so happy to drink something - I had to be NPO for 12 hours for the test, so well before I went to bed). I did get some cramping and eventually the laxative effect of it kicked in - luckily well after I got home. The test took 4 hours, and I had a book and my netbook with me, so it passed by pretty well. I'll get the results from that in a few weeks.

Birth control is going pretty well so far. Haven't had any noteworthy side effects which is good. And I'm due to start my period in about 3 days. Given that I haven't been on the pill for even a full 3 weeks yet, I'm not sure what will happen this week. I expect to be a little out of whack for a while. But if this works, it'll all be worth it.
Still having breast pain. Really bad. It's so weird because it comes and goes. It fades halfway into my period, then about 10 days later, starts up again. And grows in intensity with each day. There's no rash, redness, drainage, lumps or bumps. It's just swollen and painful. The gyn and I are both stumped because if it was hormonal, it would be bilateral. If it was an injury, it would be constant. We're going to see what the birth control does for it and re-examine in a couple months.

Got things to do today, so it's time to hop to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment