Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Updates

Called my doctors on Monday.

Dr H (GI) still doesn't want to do the J-tube. Which is a little frustrating at this point. Because I've gone from 118 to 110 lbs in a month. The nausea is worse. The lightheadedness and dizziness are getting worse because I'm so dehydrated and malnourished. I don't have energy. I feel like I just am not functioning at the capacity I could be. I'm not expecting to be an olympic athlete or anything, just....better. And it feels like Dr H doesn't want to discuss it. But he did tell me to follow up with Dr M (neuro). He wants to see if there's not a neurological issue going on that's causing all of this. Which, to be honest, is entirely possible. Since dysautonomia/POTS fits into the neuro category of diagnosis. So I am going to bring it up when I see her. But that's not for a couple weeks. The dysautonomia and the J-tube. I just don't want to have to start checking myself into the ER every week for fluids at $75 a pop to keep myself feeling halfway human. It could be easily maintained with a J-tube. I know it could.

So, until then, I'll be weaning off the Zoloft next week. And I started acupuncture last week, which was wonderful. I go back twice this week, then I'm going to start going once a week for a couple months to see what kind of changes I see.

I've gotten to where I look forward to my Klonopin every night just to ease the nausea and muscle aches a little. Some days it's the best part of my day. That's not what I want my life to come to. I need more out of life. I will get more out of life, no matter what I have to do to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment