Monday, March 14, 2011

Could it be?!

My nausea is less. My appetite is....sorta there. I can eat a little bit before I feel pain or discomfort or nausea or a choking sensation or reflux (it all comes, just later than it used to). I have digestive noises when I didn't used to have them really at all.

I'm cautiously optimistic that this acupuncture might just be helping my gut. I can't believe it. I was skeptical. But it's working. It's actually working. I really need to be thanking God every second for this, even if it doesn't get any better than this, I've felt better the last few days than I have in months. That's remarkable to me.

I've added magnesium to my daily pill popping routine. Starting low, 250 mg in the morning, but I plan to add another tablet in the evenings in a week or two. And I am titrating off the Zoloft right now. After next week I will be done with that. And then I want to talk to my doctor about coming off of the Topamax. With the Botox on board, adding the magnesium, and just starting to show improvement in my gut, I want to get rid of the Topamax once and for all. I think it can only do more good than harm. One of the big side effects of Topamax is anorexia. I never thought I was having serious taste aversions (a few, nothing major) or weight loss related to the drug, but if I'm wrong, then removing this drug could help a lot.

That would leave me with more vitamins and choice drugs/supplements/meds in my routine than prescriptions. I haven't had that in I don't know how long.

Even though I am showing improvement with my gut right now, I feel more improvement in my gut and lower GI than my upper GI. I still have strong feelings regarding the J-tube and still intend to bring it up with Dr M next week. Even if it just gives me hydration and a few extra calories and helps my stomach out when it can't do the job, that would be an extra help. And being able to gain back some weight rather than just maintaining my underweight stature would be wonderful. So I'm not backing down on that.
We'll see how next week goes.

For now, it's bed time.
Good night to all. ::hugs and smooches all around::

1 comment:

  1. I am very glad to hear that you're feeling even a little bit better.

    Thanks for the advice!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete