Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Dysautonomia days. Oh the fun!

Been a long week. Seriously. My blood sugar has been nuts (mostly very low). I've had IBS. I've had pain all through my gut from the IBS. I've been choking. I've been having intense arthritis pain. I have swelling in my feet/lower legs. I've had a headache. I've been weak. I've been tired. I've been very dehydrated.

I could go on, but I think you get it.

Yesterday I had a HELLISH day at work. I was so sore and tired when I got home. I called staffing and requested VTR (volunteer team reduction, if they have to cut staff, you get on a list to go first, it's really convenient when I've had a horrible day and need to take off a day without taking more sick days. it's not always a guarantee, but about 3/4 of the time, you get the day.) After yesterday, I needed the day. Called. Requested. Got the day. Only, they didn't call and tell me, so I got up, drove 35 miles/45 minutes to work and found out I was going home. I was pissed. I didn't want to work, but that was not how I wanted to start my day.
Regardless, I have the day now.

I took Arthrotek this morning for the pain in my chest (serious arthritis in my chest) which helped some. And changed into comfier clothes.

So here's the lazy day in a nutshell:

Started out with a hot drive early this morning. At 0600 it was already 80+ degrees. And so very muggy. This heat wave is horrible and so is all the junk my body does to rebel against it. Heavy heat, not okay. High today is supposed to be in the 100s again, heat index somewhere in the hundred-teens.


Swollen and achy legs. I have my compression stockings on under the knee highs (that's how I do it for work, just decided to leave the knee highs on so the dog couldn't scratch my stockings and tear them). Feels so good to have them up. Felt even better last night on the wedge pillow. My hips also appreciate not taking on my body weight today.



That's my Bently. Doing what he does so well: being a lazy bum with me. It's hot here, and we're not maxing out the AC, so it's warm in the house. And he's very lazy when the house is hot. Which works well because then he doesn't want to sit on my lap or be rowdy all day. He has since moved from his spot on the floor. He's on the couch by my feet now...licking the pillow my legs are on. Licking it like a lollipop...I can't imagine it tasting good but okay.



Lazy central. I have my table pulled up to the couch. Got my computer, tv/dvd remotes, paper and my chapstick. Command station for lazy days is necessary.



Dysautonomic Stacey. So very tired (yeah, nap time is in the very near future). I don't know how I would have survived work today if I actually had to go in.

Me and puppy and lazy against the world today! That's all I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment