Monday, November 8, 2010

Too early for witty titles; I'm up

I'm completely off the beta blocker. And the symptoms are about the same as what they were before. I'll keep it around in case I need it in the future, but I would like to stay off this one. Especially because my blood pressure is already so low.

The more people I call, the less I know about the status of my prescription, or even why it's in limbo in the first place. But, an angel (she's my angel, anyway) overheard the conversation when I called the pharmacy again Friday, saying that I was already exhibiting early symptoms of withdrawal and that I knew I wouldn't last much longer. She (the pharmacist, my angel) interjected and told me they can sell me an emergency supply to get me through the weekend. PERFECT!
I went in and talked to her, we still don't know where the mixup is, but she gave me 10 tablets for $51 (they don't come cheap) which will get me until Wednesday morning. After two doses and about 24 hours, I felt much better. God bless her.

In the world of dysautonomia, I've been having polydypsia and polyuria lately (last few months). Like crazy. And I know with my history of reactive hypoglycemia (or any endocrine disease or history of one), a doc is going to look for diabetes. So all this week, I'm doing routine blood glucose checks at certain time intervals just like they would for diabetics and taking that information with me ahead of time to rule that out (taking it on paper, so they can see the diet involved as well as taking my meter so they can see the numbers and averages). I don't want to go through diabetes testing for a disease I know isn't there. The highest number I've ever had in my life was 145 and that scared me to death. I still don't know how that happened (I think it was gastric dumping from my gallbladder surgery, even though I have slow GI motility from EDS, I've had 3 bouts of gastric dumping since my gallbladder surgery, and they were hell!). I just want to get this genetics appointment over with so I can go into an office with confidence and say here's what the problem is, it's directly related to my EDS and I would like to discuss treatment options from that angle. Not go in with a symptom and have everything but EDS discussed.

Also, I learned that tight shoes help with the bone shifting I've been having in my right foot lately. It just kinda holds them in there like a girdle (you would think the damn TEDs would do that enough). So if I wear my boots, I have to put an insert in them to take some space out of them, and I just lace my sneakers a little tighter. All good things to know. It's a big learning curve.

Anywho, that's the gist of that. I need to go eat something. Even though it's insanely early. Not much else to do, and I'm actually hungry. So I'll always go with that feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment