Thursday, December 29, 2011

Shout it from the rooftop or just cry, either will do

I just spoke with the geneticist. The biopsy taken over the summer came back a little while ago but we had been playing phone tag. I definitely don't have Type IV (which we knew anyway). Which means based on clinical findings and tests/procedures, I have now officially been diagnosed with Hypermobility Type EDS (which, again, we already knew and were treating for).

It was a bittersweet call in many ways. I cried when I hung up the phone. But I'm not sure what the tears were really for. I'm already getting treatment for a number of issues going on surrounding the EDS and likely dysautonomia (that one hasn't officially been diagnosed, but again, we've been treating it as such). And I've known what it was for years. Now it's as real as it can be. And I'm going to fight that much harder to make sure that it doesn't change my life for the worse.

EDS, you can bite me. Real life, we're gonna win this one!

1 comment:

  1. ((((((((gentle hugs)))))))) Those tears are very familiar to me; it's just apart of the journey, let them flow or they'll take you over.
    I'm so glad that you are choosing the positive road. I'm cheering you on from here. :)

    ReplyDelete