Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Physio, day one

Given how unfabulous my last experience with physical therapy was (for my chest pain, a few years ago), I'm very thrilled with how PT went today. I had an evaluation and did some basics with a very great and understanding therapist. She determined the weakest points in my body (as far as large muscle groups and joints are concerned) and where my balance was good or needed work (I balanced on my left foot better than my right, but did better raising up on my toes on my right foot before my balance left me. And we also learned that I don't have balance with lateral/side to side head movement (almost hit the deck twice doing that). I have some exercises to do for my hips (she could feel the tendon snapping in my left one as I practiced, so we altered slightly to make it more helpful than harmful), and two for my shoulders/rotator cuff as well. I won't be able to make it back until after the new year, but I have 12 sessions total and I'm actually looking forward to it.

I have been so very grateful for my intermittent FMLA and it's only been a few weeks. I like the idea of actually being able to take the day when I have an awful day. But I am really hoping I can use those days sparingly (I am still hoping to have a J-tube within the next year...really just hoping the SLU group can figure something out or at least listen to reason).

And today has been a wonderful rest and relaxation day after PT. Which is wonderful :)

Hope you're all feeling well and having a good day. If not, we'll keep hoping for a better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment