Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thanks EDS. I appreciate the constant love /sarcasm/

Been having wicked pain between my shoulder blades that moves up my neck, around my jaw, and even into my forehead. After about two weeks of muscle relaxers and occasional narcotics (I have to take ibuprofen and zofran before I can take a single pain pill, so I try to avoid the added meds if the muscle relaxer will do it), I decided it was time to see the doctor. I don't generally have this kind of pain in this area, so I wasn't sure what was going on (I hesitated to think I could have subluxed something and not known it).

Called the doc, she got me in within 36 hours. When she walked in and asked what was going on, my simple answer was "I think my EDS wants to kill me again." We both laughed and then I proceeded to tell her what was going on and she did a physical exam of my shoulders, neck, and face. No obvious deformities, but she agreed some x-rays couldn't hurt. She also gave me a full fill of zofran and more muscle relaxers, as well as some "desk stretches" that people who work in front of computers use and she thought might help me (my work doesn't involve sitting in front of a computer, but she thought they would be easy and effective).
I love my doctor for trusting my judgement and not brushing me off with my crazy EDS stuff. She's FANTASTIC!
I didn't get a call yesterday about the x-rays so I'm assuming there was no issues there (or if there was, they resolved before the pictures), so now it's just a matter of comfort and hoping the pain goes away on it's own.

Dear new pain, PLEASE go away on your own. Soon. Love, me.

Hope you all have spoon-filled days! It's almost Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment