Wednesday, November 2, 2011

If I updated more often, perhaps I would have far less to cram in each time

Two trips to the ED in two weeks. The dysautonomia flare wasn't going away and I had to work two days in a row. So I went to the ED after my shift, got fluids and tylenol (headache was being persistent, because really, I didn't want anything but the fluids, but I couldn't fight it), and felt slightly better for it the next day...at least I functioned longer than I would have without the bolus.

Two doc appointments this morning. Followup with the breast surgeon. No new cysts, nothing else remarkable and the pain has improved. See her again in 2 months. Saw the rheumatologist. We're increasing my Lyrica (doubling it over about 10 days slowly). And she told me I should see the neurologist about the dysautonomia if it's getting worse like this. I already have a neurologist that I've been seeing regularly for about a year, but there's another doc in her office who has studied dysautonomia/POTS more (I actually cared for one of his patients in the hospital, a teenage boy who has POTS, I educated all the nurses about what it was because they were all lost aside from what the doc instructed to do with him). So I'm going to make my appointment with him instead and see if he and my other neuro can't talk things through and come to a conclusion as to who I should be seeing primarily. Also need to follow up with my primary because I haven't seen her in a while and I've been to the ED and changed meds and all kinds of things. So Friday I get to make a ton of phone calls and figure out when I can do all of this and somehow still afford food. I also have an appointment with the ophthalmologist Friday, so yay for new glasses soon. And I see the dentist on Monday (I need dental work so bad right now and there's no way I can afford the stuff that insurance won't pay...but hopefully a couple root canals will hold me over for now. And then to the GI doc the week after that. I'm hoping we can duke it out over the feeding tube once and for all and schedule this thing. I am not looking forward to more tests and craziness when none of it is actually helping me.

And Christmas is all too near, which means I'm going to be even more broke than I already am....oh goody.

I'm looking into requirements and eligibility for SSI/SSDI. And so far, me working is looking like a potential problem because if I can work full time at the job I do now, there should be no need for me to have SSI, but I only work because I have no other choice right now. I've grown fond of food and shelter. The other issue is that I realized I have more assets than is allowed if you add up my savings and 401K. So I'm thinking about cashing in my 401K and just saving cash from now on so that I have a little money reserved if I need it, but won't have to worry about that holding me back from my benefits.

Anywho, had a busy day and I'm falling asleep just sitting here. So peace out to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment