Monday, January 17, 2011

Addition

Because there are always things to add to a week in review after the fact.

When I was admitted, I got a fall risk bracelet. I'm not sure why, but it made me laugh. I work there, and I was chained down by a fall bracelet. I found it funny somehow. I mean, it was right, since I admitted to having falls (early in the morning, if I don't give my body time to shift back into place before I hit the floor, especially if it's still dark, and especially if I took my Klonopin late), but it was still funny. And I was allowed to get up and move freely. I was supposed to ask for help or make sure someone was present first thing in the mornings the first time I got up, but otherwise, I was allowed to do as I pleased and make my own judgments (and since nurses were always in by 6, there was someone in the room to make sure I got up and to the bathroom safe....I only had to call the first two days while I was on extra dope and extra fluids.....)


No comments:

Post a Comment